La Citadelle International Academy of Arts and Science is accredited to offer the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP). As an IB World School, all our students in Grades 6 – Level II (Grade 10) pursue the MYP curriculum during this five-year program.
The MYP offers students at La Citadelle an international framework of academic challenges and life skills appropriate to their stage of adolescence and fosters the following goals / objectives:
- To provide an internationally recognized academic program for highly able and motivated students
- To stimulate and strengthen students’ intellectual curiosity
- To teach students to recognize relationships between school subjects and the outside world
- To foster students’ ability to combine knowledge, experience, and critical observation
- To foster students’ growth toward self-reliance and responsible participation in society
- To help students become active, compassionate and lifelong learners and to understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right
You can visit the La Citadelle page on the IB website at http://www.ibo.org/school/006896/.
For further information, please contact our Coordinator for the International Baccalaureate.
The IBO was established in 1968 in Geneva, Switzerland, by an international association of educators who sought to create a comprehensive curriculum with consistent assessment standards adaptable to any country.
Its goal was to develop truly global citizens capable of succeeding in university programs around the world. Over time, this developed into a high quality, global programme of international education recognized by the best-known universities in the world. The roster of IB World Schools has grown to some 1,800 institutions in 122 countries, with over 40 schools in Ontario.
Profile of an IB Student at La Citadelle
IB Learners – The mission of the International Baccalaureate Organization is to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
An IB Student at La Citadelle is a student who:
- Is motivated and demonstrates intellectual energy and curiosity
- Accepts challenges and demonstrates personal initiative
- Is able to learn independently, while demonstrating academic potential, above average standing and a range of interests
- Displays an excellent command of spoken and written language with a commitment to second language learning
- Is actively involved and demonstrates a willingness to take a leadership role
- Has a global perspective and demonstrates an appreciation of and sensitivity to other cultures and perspectives
For more details, about the IB Learner Profile, see the IBO learner profile booktlet.