The Secondary School covers Grades 9 to 12 (Level I through Level IV).
Offered courses at the Secondary Division are fundamentally university preparation courses:
- English and French
- Pure and Applied Sciences (Mathematics, Sciences, Physics, Chemistry and Biology)
- Canadian and World Studies (Civics, Canadian and International History, Geography, Economics)
- Computer Studies and Information Technology
- Visual and Media Arts
- Dramatic Arts
- Music (Band)
- Computer Music
- Health and Physical Education
- Guidance, Method of Study and Career Education
- Social Sciences and Humanities
- Philosophy, Psychology, and Film Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies
Academic courses (Level I and II)
All courses at La Citadelle in Grades 9 and 10 (Level I and II) focus on the essential concepts of the discipline and also explore related concepts. Course work develops students’ knowledge and skills by emphasizing theoretical and abstract applications of the essential concepts and incorporating practical applications as appropriate. The emphasis is on theory and abstract thinking as a basis for future learning and problem solving.
University Preparation Courses (Levels III – IV)
Courses in Grades 11 and 12 (Level III and LIV) provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to meet all entrance requirements for university study. Teaching and learning will emphasize theoretical aspects of the course content, with supporting applications. The courses will focus on the development of both independent research skills and independent learning skills. Courses offered are those required by Canadian Universities; however, the enriched academic nature of each course provides students who wish to apply abroad, such as in Europe or the United States, with necessary equivalency requirements.
For further information, please contact our Vice Principal of the Secondary School.